Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Finally Started


It took awhile, but I finally cast on for the Jigsaw socks. I'm using Tofutsies yarn. I was in Windsor Button Shop (which has a great yarn selection), saw the skein, and just couldn't resist. It looks more like the cotton blended yarns, but has a much softer feel to it. I just started yesterday, and already had to frog back to the ribbing once...I was going into Boston with my sister and niece to meet up with my parents. We were going to have a picnic by the Hatch Shell (by the Charles River), as we listened to a live concert with the Boston Landmark Orchestra - that was the good part of the evening and went quite well. Unfortunately, while trying to knit on the subway, I messed something up, and just couldn't quite figure out what I had done. So after we were all comfortably spread out and had munched our sandwiches, fruit and cookies, I dug out my knitting, ripped out the stitches (my niece, whom I'm teaching to knit, was both horrified and fascinated at the process), and started again. Once I was knitting the pattern a second time, it flowed more easily. This is a fun pattern - one that I think I will really enjoy knitting.

No comments: